Blog post

Just Say Yes

The best thing I could of done for myself is to push myself to say yes more. We are always taught in life that we have the ability to say no. Say no to things that are stressing you out. Say no to to the people who are toxic for you. Say no to jobs that don’t pay enough and etc… But we’re not taught that we have the ability to say yes. That saying yes can you lead you to the greatest moments that we never thought we could have. Yes, saying no has saved me in my life but saying yes has given me the best memories.

Growing up, I was all about keeping it safe and playing by the rules (I should definitely go back to those ways because I never got myself in trouble. LOL, JK. I like living this way better). But I did, I played it safe until honestly, I read the cheesiest quote on Pinterest ( and yes, I make life decisions on Pinterest).

That one cheesy quote taught me I needed to stop playing it safe and to live more. I was the one where if I had an exam the next day in college but my friends were going out, I chose to stay in and study “all night” (all night in quotes because come on how long does it really take someone to study). It taught me that homework can wait and money will always be there. I realized that you can sleep when you’re dead, or what I figured out, you can sleep in your car during your lunch. It taught me that those moments where you choose to say yes are usually the best moments and memories because they aren’t planned. The moments where you laugh until your belly hurts. The moments where new friendships are made. The moments that you will remember forever.

The girls in the pictures below, Kristina and Jessie, slid into my DMs on Instagram and asked me to go to Vancouver, British Columbia and stay at The Westin Grand. Without hesitation, I said YES. I am not kidding when I tell you, it was one of the best decisions. As soon as these girls walked into the room, we instantly clicked. By saying yes, I made two more friendships. By saying yes, I got to travel out of the country and experience a new culture and get another sweet stamp on my passport. By saying yes, I had the opportunity to stay at one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. I am 100% not lying, when I left the hotel, I felt like I was leaving a little family. The employees at The West Grand made me feel right at home, which is one of the best qualities because traveling alone to a whole new country can be tough. Not to mention, the whole place is so Instagrammable, which is a yes in my book. Also – on the plus side, by saying yes, I devoured some of the most yummiest food at Hendricks (the hotel bar, restaurant and lounge), and you know me with food.

Anyway, what I hope you take away from this is to say yes more. Say yes to your friends and family. Say yes to meeting new people. Say yes to travel. Just say yes ♡ (unless someone asks you to jump off a bridge, definitely don’t say yes).

Saying yes lead me to new friendships.
H A P P Y
Christmas time at the Westin Grand.
Marble steps, more Instagrammable spots in the Westin Grand.
There was not a time we were not laughing (with or at each other).
GIRLS NIGHT at the Westin Grand.
GIRLS NIGHT at the Westin Grand.
GIRLS NIGHT at the Westin Grand.
The most perfect lounge for drinks.
More Instagrammable spots, Hendricks restaurant.
Drooling.
Saying yes lead me to this amazing food….
The prettiest drinks.
Honestly didn’t know what this was, but I am sure I ate the whole plate.
I wish my food looked this pretty.
I also ate all of the calamari in the back, oops.

By marandaflamm

Previous Post

Next Post

28 comments

• Rachel

December 23, 2018 at 4:55 pm

So so so cute and TRUE. well worded 🎀❤️

• Anna Kubitz

December 23, 2018 at 5:06 pm

These pictures are gorgeous! It looks like you had a great time and I love your positivity

• Ashley

December 23, 2018 at 5:13 pm

My favorite post yet! I couldn’t agree with you more ~ I’ve lost this mindset here the last few months, letting life and some negative thoughts get in the way. So thank you!! For this motivation to live free + say yes to fun, newness, and opportunities!

By the way, these photos are gorgeous!! You girls look incredible, food to die for, and that hotel ~ wowza.

• Lora Bishop

December 23, 2018 at 5:33 pm

This hotel is gorgeous! Yes to new adventures in 2019!
    – Lora / http://www.mylifeaslora.com

• Morgan

December 23, 2018 at 5:53 pm

Not yes man but yes ma’am! Keep on killin it!

• Autumn

December 23, 2018 at 5:53 pm

Your pictures are stunning! And I agree girl! I wish in my early twenties I would’ve just said YES and did what my heart desired to do! You go girl! ❤️✨

• Carly

December 23, 2018 at 7:56 pm

I’m glad you had a great time, and all that food looks amazing! 😍

• Marley

December 23, 2018 at 9:40 pm

I couldn’t agree with you more!! I always stay in my dorm to study and this post has reminded me to just say yes + make memories with my friends during my last semester in college! This trip to Vancouver looks so amazing ~ so happy you shared this experience and the pictures you captured of all the good times. I can’t wait to follow this mindset in 2019 ~ xoxo Marley

• Jenna

December 23, 2018 at 10:32 pm

Love the blog post and couldn’t agree more with saying “yes” more 🌟 I think it’s important to experience things I normally would have said no to!

• Ariel

December 24, 2018 at 6:35 am

Such a great post! I’ve definitely come to a point where I’ve definitely been leading with NO’s however, I’m beginning to see the beauty in saying yes and being more adventurous & spontaneous. I want to live life not just let it pass me by. Thanks for the reminder!

• Allie ritzel

December 24, 2018 at 8:58 am

Great post!

• Morgan

December 24, 2018 at 10:08 am

Love this! You are so inspirational!

• Taylor

December 24, 2018 at 1:42 pm

You are seriously the CUTEST!!

• Emily

December 24, 2018 at 1:49 pm

Perfectly worded and gorgeous photos girly! Thank you for sharing❤️

• Renee

December 24, 2018 at 1:53 pm

Merry Christmas Eve and love this post… well your entire blog actually ! And thanks for your support and following me! I love creative ppl and you have such great skills and an eye! Happy holidays ✨

• Lauren Belzer

December 24, 2018 at 2:01 pm

In love with this – would 100% do a swipe up to this if I was @ 10k❤️❤️❤️

• Kristen

December 24, 2018 at 2:01 pm

AHHHHH, omg girl!! Saying “yes” is really so important. So many of my favorite memories are from days when I didn’t even want to go!!

• Rachel

December 24, 2018 at 2:13 pm

So happy to see you loving your best life babe! And the gorgeous photos don’t hurt either 😉

• camisha

December 24, 2018 at 2:14 pm

love this blog post so much!!! you’ve got great taste and i love your instagram so much- ur such an inspiration girl. ! 💛

• Theresa Ann

December 24, 2018 at 2:32 pm

Love this! I think saying yes had been something I’ve been working on a lot more, too in doing that I met one of my best college friends, joined an awesome group st church with loving people, and started believing in myself more! 💕

• Carly

December 24, 2018 at 2:34 pm

It seems like you had a great experience!! All of that food looks amazing!

• Bethany

December 24, 2018 at 2:36 pm

Love this post!! Saying yes can be so scary but you never know what can happen! it’s one-off my resolutions for 2019!! 😉

• Olivia Myrtue

December 24, 2018 at 2:40 pm

These photos are so gorgeous and you made me want to go on a girls weekend SO BAD 🤩 love love love. Going to try to be more spontaneous in 2019!!

• Hilary

December 24, 2018 at 2:53 pm

I love Vancouver and adore your outlook! I agree – let’s say yes more often in 2019!

• Marley

December 24, 2018 at 3:09 pm

Ahh I just love your creativity with your pictures! Looks like a fun trip, we all need to say yes more!

• Kelsey R

December 24, 2018 at 4:42 pm

Thank you for being such an inspiration to me. I’ve felt like a better person ever since coming across your blog. Never stop doing this please:)

• Kelsey R

December 24, 2018 at 4:43 pm

Thank you for being such an inspiration to me. I’ve felt like a better person ever since coming across your blog. Never stop doing this please.

• Jodi Speck

December 24, 2018 at 10:08 pm

I love this! That is so so awesome that you did that! I believe we all need to pushed out of our comfort zone, Ya only live once! Love your style. Merry Christmas 🌲✨🤩